BOSTON COMMUTER LINE SERVICE REDUCTION – EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MARCH 30TH
Considering the continued challenges with the spread of the COVID-19 virus, DATTCO must further reduce service between South Coastal Massachusetts and Boston, effective Monday, March 30th. Click here for schedule.
We realize that those of you who are still riding rely upon our service to reach essential jobs in Boston. With this in mind, we are hesitant to completely curtail service on the route. We will continue to offer a single trip in each direction to try and accommodate your needs as best we can. We will continue to clean our coaches thoroughly between routes and encourage passengers to purchase tickets online to minimize physical interaction. Based upon current ridership, there will be plenty of room aboard coaches for passengers to spread out and practice safe, physical distancing.
Weekend service and service to UMass Dartmouth remain suspended until further notice.
DATTCO is monitoring the situation closely and following guidance of the CDC as well as the Federal and State government.
We appreciate your patronage and look forward to being able to provide full service again soon.
ATTENTION MOHEGAN SUN CASINO BUS PATRONS:
Connecticut Governor New Lamont announced this morning (Monday, March 16) that casinos, bars, restaurants, gyms, and theatres will close effective at 8:00 PM this evening. For this reason, and with the health and safety or our passengers and employees in mind, DATTCO is suspending all service to Mohegan Sun Resort Casino effective Tuesday, March 17. Service is suspended until further notice.
CORONA VIRUS UPDATES
DATTCO takes the health and safety of our passengers and employees seriously. Considering the most recent information regarding the Coronavirus pandemic, DATTCO management has evaluated our preparedness in the event of continued aggressive development in our service areas, and we continue to monitor and adapt to the ever-changing conditions.
To ensure safe and healthy travel aboard our entire fleet of vehicles – including motorcoaches, shuttles and school buses – DATTCO is enacting the following precautionary measures:
- Perform daily cleaning of high traffic areas such as breakrooms, restrooms, countertops, food storage or preparation areas, etc., within the terminals.
- Vehicle “high-traffic” surfaces will be wiped down regularly with an EPA registered disinfectant and disposable towels. These areas include buttons, handholds, rails, stanchions, driver compartment areas, and seat top surfaces, areas most prone to repeated hand contact by passengers
- Vehicle maintenance personnel will thoroughly wipe all interior high traffic surfaces during routine maintenance servicing before the vehicle is placed back into operation.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the boarding area, as well as in lavatories of motorcoaches
- We are actively encouraging sick employees to stay home. Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines
- Employees will be urged and reminded to wash hands frequently, refrain from touching their mouths and facial areas, and covering their coughs
FOR OUR CLIENTS TRAVELING ABOARD OUR MOTORCOACHES
Aside from the new precautionary measures put in place, every vehicle in DATTCO’s Coach & Tour Group fleet is cleaned, inside and out, after every trip. This includes sweeping and mopping the floor and stepwell with a disinfectant cleaner, cleaning windows, and wiping all surfaces – handrails, seat grabs, parcel rack door handles, etc. Lavatories are emptied, and all lavatory surfaces are cleaned with a disinfectant cleaner. Driver compartment switch panels and the steering wheel are wiped down. Seat fabric is vacuumed when soiled. The interior cabin is sprayed with a disinfectant similar to Lysol. We have hand sanitizer dispensers available for all passengers upon entering/exiting the bus and in the lavatories. These products are checked and refilled as needed.
On multi-day trips, our drivers have a kit of supplies to keep up with daily cleaning. This includes servicing the lavatory, wiping down high contact surfaces, cleaning windows, and refilling sanitizer and hand wipes.
HEALTHY TRAVEL PRACTICES
DATTCO will continue to monitor the areas our buses visit and will take any extra precautions necessary. We want to remind passengers to avoid close contact with people who are sick, avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with dirty hands, clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and areas, and understand the symptoms of COVID-19. If anyone is experiencing any symptoms, they should not take their trip as planned, but instead, seek medical attention.
Travelers are always encouraged to exercise healthy travel habits when traveling. During times like these, travelers should adhere even more strongly to healthy travel practices.
- Wash hands often
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue
- Consult with a doctor before traveling when sick
- Stay up-to-date on vaccinations
- Avoid contact with people who are already sick
- Avoid contact with animals while traveling
- Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Be aware of the latest travel advisories from the CDC
We are focused on caring for the people we transport. We will remain vigilant and monitor this situation, making changes as necessary.