Location: Bridgeport, CT
DATTCO, Inc. is now hiring a light duty/heavy duty Truck Mechanic in Bridgeport. This position will be responsible for maintaining the fleet by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies, etc.
Duties include the following:
• Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
• Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades.
• Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major sub-assemblies, components, parts or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel emission, brake and steering.
• Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety and combustion control standards.
• Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Enhances Maintenance Department and organization by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
DATTCO is a Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Skills/Qualifications: Must have own tools, technical understanding, attention to detail, dependability, thoroughness, verbal communication, documentation skills, inventory control and job knowledge.
Download an Application